Sunday, September 13, 2009

No better way to celebrate...

I surprised Mark with a trip to Cancun to celeberate our 5-year anniversary. I can't believe I was able to keep it a seceret for so long because I was dying to tell him but it was totally worth it. He was really shocked that I could get away with something like that and he kept thinking I was playing a mean prank on him. My parents drove out from California to watch Boston all week while we were gone and they had a lot of fun together. I was a little worried that maybe Boston should be missing us enough because he never got upset or cried for us but he was still so happy to see us when we got home so that was reassuring. We stayed at an all inclusive resort which had 9 different resturaunts so we ate a lot drank a lot of pina coladas and spent most of our time on the beach which was so gorgeous and the water was so warm! Here are some highlights:

One of the days we took a catamaran to the "Island of Woman" which is a really smile island only about 5 miles around so we rented a golf cart and rode around the whole island ... it had spectacular views.

No Thanks. I'll stay up here.

The catamaran ... or booze cruise more like.


Heaven. One day we stayed there from morning until night.

We went swimming down inside this cave which I thought would make me feel claustraphobic but I LOVED it!

Chitzen-Itza ...



I am definetly having beach withdrawls.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

WOW!! That looks like a blast guys. Good job on keeping that a secret! I dont think I would have been able to pull that off. And I am in love with the baby gift you gave us! That outfit is so cute and I can't wait to get Bradley in those shoes. Thank you!!

jaybs said...

What amazing pics! Natasha, the ocean and the sand ha such beauty. You have not half turned Mark from being just "The Scholar" to a Trendy Daddy!

Courtney said...

that's awesome. How in the world did you surprise him? Like did you just tell him you planned a trip, but he didn't know where?
Great pictures! We love Cancun too! :)

Jene and Megan said...

What a fun anniversary surprise!! I need a week at the beach!

Christy Gunnell said...

Kudos for keeping it a secret Natasha!! I'm impressed! I totally didn't know you guys went to Cancun. That's awesome! Beautiful pics :) What a great way to celebrate.

Alys said...

I am impressed! That is so fun that you were able to pull it off as a surprise. I had wanted to go somewhere for our 5th anniversary, but I learned that if I want to go somewhere I must plan it. Anyway, I'm glad you two were able to have fun!
Alys