Thursday, September 10, 2009

Great Reads!!

I've been so lost in books lately. I go through periods were I just get so enthralled that I'm reading a new book every spare second I have and going through books in just a few days and then I burn myself out and I won't pick up a book for a month or so. I don't know why I'm so crazy but I can't seem to find middle ground. Every book that I read makes me think of another book I want to read so no matter how fast I fly through books it never seems fast enough. It drives me crazy and makes me feel so desperate to go back to school so I can be back in full-time learning mode.

I read this fabulous book while Mark and I were in Cancun (more about that later) and I would highly recommend it to all my mom and mom-to-be friends. It is one of the most inspiring and empowering books I've ever read and I cried through most of it. It's written by Jenny McCarthy but includes stories from a lot of different moms. I have to admit a year ago I probably would have laughed if someone would have told me I would ever read a book written by Jenny McCarthy but don't let that hold you back. It's all about empowering mom's to be advocates for their children and to trust in our motherly instincts. Even people who have good intentions don't know our children like we do.


Then I found another absolutely fabulous book on a similar topic which is written by an MD who practices integrative medicine. I love his philosophies on health! I really couldn't put this one down it has so much invaluable information for parents.

1 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

I've read the last book and I loved it also! Noah has asthma and i've put some of his theories to the test! It's really helped!