Thursday, October 2, 2008

What our furture holds in store...

Even though we won't get much say in where we are stationed I wanted to see what the possibilites were. I was so excited to find out they have a Navy base in Okinawa Japan because I'm so obsessed with this place. The people who live there have the longest life expectancy of any group of people in the world ... they are practically immortal! I've studied their lifestyles and am completely fascinated and would love the chance to live among them. I've also been wanting to go back to Italy since visiting there last summer so I was happy to learn they have a few bases there as well. The really great thing about Navy bases is that they are almost all along the coast!!

Navy bases overseas:

o Bahrain
o British Indian Ocean Territory
o Egypt
o Cuba
o Djibouti
o Greece
o Italy
o Japan
o Kuwait
o Oman
o Qatar
o Korea
o Saudi Arabia
o Singapore
o Spain
o United Arab Emirates
o United Kingdom

The good thing is that I would be excited to live in any of those places!

3 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

how exciting! By the way, did you know the Japanese prefer to give the DTaP shot to their children at 2 years old? So you wouldn't have to worry about that while you are there! We decided to start at 7 months because their immune systems are a lot stronger and honestly there are so many shots that they should get it would take 10 years to get them all done on our time line. Once they have received a shot and had no reaction to it (no reaction meaning nothing... high fever is still a reaction to us) we then give them that shot in accordance with another one they have already received and had no reaction to. with Noah we have done 2 DPaT shots a year. One in the beginning of the year and one at the end. Nick and I were just looking at his shot record tonight discussing which ones he will have at his next appointment. It really is one of the hardest decisions for us. It really is something you have to pray about. It is different with every child and I'm not as nervous about Noah anymore because he has had no reactions whatsoever. Spencer I am hoping will be the same, but we shall see! We have done a lot of praying nonetheless! Call me! I have some really good books you can read, they have really helped us.

Laura said...

Random side note, my grandma is from Okinawa, and my dad was born there!

Laura said...

Random side note, my grandma is from Okinawa, and my dad was born there!