Saturday, March 29, 2008

The nursery

Another thing we did while my family was here was started putting the nursery together. Thanks for all the help Mom and Dad!! Here are some highlights.


My parents got this crib from a friend who was getting rid of it and Mark and I had fun putting it together.


They also brought us a portable crib so my dad was showing us how to set it up.

Mark and I bought this hutch a few years ago for our front room but we thought it looked better in the nursery. We still have to finish hanging the chinese lanterns we bought. You can see them just sitting in the crib.


Mark is in love with canopies and has always wanted to get one for our room but we have a ceiling fan so it wouldn't work but I think it's perfect for a nursery.

A perfect place to rock the baby to sleep.


One of my students moved to Arizona and was getting rid of this dresser so she let me have it. Thanks Julie, after a few coats of paint I think it works great in the nursery. We bought a changing pad that attatches to the top so that we can use it as a changing table for the first few months after the baby's born. This is also Mark's Switchfoot wall. He wants to start training the baby early to love Switchfoot as much as he does.

13 comments:

Hannah said...

Ho cool that you were able to get that crib for free! It looks beautiful. I'm impressed with all that you have done.

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Hey It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun getting things together! It looks great! Hope you are feeling well and that Mark is doing great!

Heather and Trevor said...

It looks great you guys! I remember doing the room for the first time too. It is quite the project I must say! It will be so fun to bring your baby home to the room you have created for him! LOVE IT!

Steph said...

This nursery is perfect and I think it totally reflects yours and Marks personalities and style-very cool.

Anonymous said...

Again it really does look amazing. Hurry up and have the thing natasha! Okay just kidding. Let it cook some more.

Anonymous said...

And I showed mom and she keeps saying "so cute, so cute, I love it." Haha

Anonymous said...

I love your nursery! And I love how ingenius you both are. And I love how the japenese lanterns repeat the "starry night" in the painting. (I notice things like that). Anyway, you are two talented people, and the baby is going to love his room!

Love,
Mom

Bryant and Chelsea said...

Congrats on being pregnant again! You're nursery is cute. You are always so creative. Congrats to mark on making the master's program as well. I can't wait to meet this new little boy.

Is there anyway you could get us in touch with Chad and Marisa? They blog is blocked to outsiders. I would love to see how they're doing as well.

April said...

Natasha! This is April Berezay, you sent me an email with your blog, so I just wanted to say your nursery is sooo adorable! What a fun idea to put the sash around the crib! Congrats to you both! We hope all is well in the ward and with you!!!

The Shumways said...

Oh Taush! The nursery looks adorable. Now all it needs is lil' Boston sleeping in the crib. I think Mark should stick with the pigtails. Lol. You guys are so much fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Tibbitts said...

What a cute baby room!

Courtney said...

That is so amazing! I feel very behind...we don't have really anything for little baby Noah. Mostly because Jared is out of town and we are moving across the country soon. Anyways, great work- it looks fantastic!