Thursday, July 30, 2009

Instincts.

I've always wondered how I would respond under pressure if I was being robbed or something. I guess I thought I would react well becasue when I was in high school one night a man followed me out to my car in a grocery store parking lot and I was scared out of my mind. When he caught up with me he placed his hand on my shoulder from behind and my instincts kicked in and I threw him to the ground ... turns out it was just a sweet old man from my ward who wanted to say Hi. Whoops! ... luckily he was a retired FBI agent and rather impressed by my manuver and spent the next few years trying to convince me to join the FBI.

Well yesterday I thought someone had broken into my house (it was really just Mark thankfuly playing a joke on me). I thought I was about to die and this is what I did ... I was on the phone at the time and I chucked my cell phone across the room, screamed and threw myself onto the floor. Really?!! That's the best I have? Why would I throw my phone as far away as possible? Wow. I'm really an idiot. I guess my real insticts are to be submissive to try and avoid getting hurt. Maybe I should work on that.

6 comments:

Holly said...

That is hilarious! I'm impressed that you threw a guy to the ground when you were younger--I don't think I could ever do that! I bet in a real emergency you would defend yourself like you did earlier...either that, or maybe your predator will let you go for giving up so easily! :)

Ashley Gilbert said...

Hehe. I have done almost the exact same thing, and Aaron wasn't even trying to scare me! Hahaha.

Margaret said...

Thanks for the laugh, that cracked me up!

Faith Simonsen said...

ha!!! this is great. i bet the guy would be glad you are not in the fbi now hehe

Rachael said...

Did you not learn anything from the movie "Taken"...
you are supposed to hide under a bed, call someone and then describe everything you see and hear.
I am really impressed with that whole "busting down the old guy in the parking lot" thing that you did. Mark is a funny guy. I think I would have hit him.

Alys said...

Hey, we changed our blog, just wanted you to know.

seanlys.blogspot.com

alys