Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why we hate dairy!


Added to the many reasons why I hate dairy is the fact that poor little Boston has an allergy to it ... our Dr. thinks he will probably grow out of it but maybe I should show him these pictures. This happened the other day because I gave him Sunchips without checking to see if there was milk in them. I'm starting to realize that milk is in everything!! This is the worst reaction I've ever seen him have. It's because he had it on his hands and rubbed it all over his face because usually he only gets little bumps around his mouth.

When we were at lake powell some milk spilled on his leg and he had red bumps all over his leg. It's so instant that it makes me wonder if it's a skin allergy as opposed to a real food allergy. At least they always go away fast ... on this particular day his face was back to normal in about a half hour. It doesn't seem to restrict his airway thankfuly but it does make him sneeze a lot. He sneezed right as I was taking this picture ... I hope you don't have a weak stomach.

6 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Awww poor guy! That is a pretty bad reaction to milk. I think he needs a hug in this pic! Poor thing!!

Holly said...

So sad! I'm so sorry! Poor little guy--that looks terrible!

kara said...

so sad! my friend is very allergic to dairy and he gets a reaction when eating it or touching it. once he got into a cake food fight and the cake got all over his skin. i'm pretty sure he looked just like boston then because he got really bad hives all over his body!

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Oh my goodness! Poor thing! That doesn't look like fun. Im sure he'll grow put of it. We thought Spencer was allergic to gluten for awhile. It was so hard to find food for him to eat! Thankfully we didn't have to deal with that for long. I hope you don't have to too! The picture is really sad... but it's so cute!

Jen said...

Ew, gross - poor little thing!
My Daniel had a reaction like that to wheat as a baby. I was restricting wheat for at least the first year anyway to avoid allergies. When he was about 9 months old he tipped a bowl of my wheat cereal over onto himself - he had the same red raised reaction wherever the wheat touched.

He started eating wheat later and has been fine with it, but I was glad I'd restricted it when he was little.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! I hope he does out grow it :) That's crazy that dairy is in SunChips. Why do so many kids have allergies these days??