Yesterday the world watched as our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley was layed to rest. While viewing the beautiful funeral services I was overwhelmed by many emotions. I felt sorrow for the loss of a great leader who was such an inspiration to me in my life and very instrumental in the development of my testimony of the restored gospel, but I was also overcome with joy at the thought of his reunion with his sweet wife who left his side four years ago. Most of all though I felt peace. A peace that comes with knowing the restored gospel and knowing that death is not the end, that through the grace of Christ's atonement we have the opportunity to be sealed to our families. I am so grateful for President Hinckley's unwavering testimony which he shared frequently and his example of courage, dedication and extreme loyalty. I am grateful for not only the things he did and said but for the man that he was and the light of Christ that eminated from his countenance. He will be very missed.
I was also touched by Glenn Beck's tribute to President Hinckley and wanted to share it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment