Friday, February 22, 2008

Congratulations Mark!!


We just found out today that Mark has been accepted into the Masters Program in Religious Education/Chaplain Candidacy at BYU. I have to say I'm a bit jealous because I really miss being a student. This is the first year that BYU will have this program and Mark and I are really excited about what it entails. He'll start school June 23rd and over the next two years he will be taking clases in Religious Education as well as classes from other related departments (Psychology, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy). I'm so proud of Mark because he works really hard and has a great desire to serve others. He started an internship at St. Mark's hospital back in January and although he finds it very challenging he's really enjoying it. He is very compassionate and loves being able to assist people who are grieving. Being a chaplain is not a career many people aspire to and it really requires a lot of patience and humility but we're excited about the challenges it will bring. I guess we'll be in Provo a few more years!

9 comments:

Summer said...

Yeah Markie!!!!!!!!!!!! You two are so perfect for eachother....I'm lucky to count you both as family.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That's AWESOME. Congrats Mark! We are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you guys!!! Things sound like they're going really well!! Congrats Mark!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah said...

Sounds interesting! I don't know much about being a chaplain, but how cool that he gets to be one of the first students to do the program. Way to go!

Heather and Trevor said...

CONGRATS!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!! keep us posted on how it goes! :)

The Shumways said...

I'll never forget when we went to do chores over at that professional skater's house and we got free gear because of it. Man - I love free gear.

Congratulations -

Khyl (and Michelle, too)

Crystal said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy (selfishly) that you'll be in Provo longer!!! Congrats, the world needs more people like you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.