I'm not a great seamstress but occasionaly I'll alter something to make it fit better. Here are two examples of things you can sew by hand even if you don't have a machine. I fell in LOVE with this shirt when I found it on a sales rack ... I adore the stripes with lace combo but I wished it was short-sleeve.
Since if came with ties on the shoulders I removed them and then stitched them on to add a cap-sleeve. It was really easy and I'm happy with how it turned out.
I have some hand-made dresses I inherited from my grandma when she passed away a few months ago and I really want to alter them to fit but I've been nervous because I don't want to ruin them. Hopefully I'll get up the courage soon.
2 comments:
Love it! You are so talented! I don't think I could do that by hand! So cute!
CUTE fix up ideas! I am the same way with skirts!
Post a Comment