Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Miracle!!


Lincoln has been a really good sleeper. Recently he's started to get into a routine and has been going to bed around midnight, waking up at 4am to eat and then sleeps until 8am. I thought that was pretty good for a 3 week old so I was surprised on Sunday night when he went to bed at 10pm and didn't wake up until 4am to eat... a 6 hour stretch was so exciting to me!


Then last night something even more amazing happened ... Lincoln went to bed at 8pm and didn't wake up until 4am to eat and then went back to sleep until 9!! I couldn't believe he slept 8 hours straight!! I don't think Boston was doing that until 12 weeks and even then it was exciting! I don't know if this will become his new normal or if it was just a fluke but either way it was marvelous!! Maybe a good nights sleep isn't as far off as I thought.


I'm sure some of you are thinking "Oh no he must not be eating enough if he sleeps that long" but I assure you that is not the case. Lincoln has been growing like a weed. He was 7 lb. 13 oz. when he was born and by 2 weeks he was 8 lbs. 9 oz. so I was shocked at three weeks to find out he was already 9 lb. 11 oz!! At this rate he's going to become one chunky baby!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Do people really think that a baby sleeps that long because they're not eating enough? To me it's a sign that they're filling up nicely during the day and have their "tank" full before bedtime. Glad you're getting more rest, hope it continues!

Christy Gunnell said...

Is that picture one of the ones that Kaela took??? If so I want to see more!! He looks so precious. I'm glad Lincoln is sleeping like a champ :)

Holly said...

Wow! What a good sleeper AND eater! Can I have one of those next?! :)

Alys said...

Harrison slept for over 5 hours the first night we took him home, and I was worried because everything I read said "Feed the baby every 3 hours!" But, the doctor told me he was a healthy big baby and could go longer. So, I have been lucky to get decent sleep since he was 1 week. And, if a big baby means better sleep for baby and me, I would much rather prefer a big baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Yaay! Preston was a good sleeper early on, too. I think Heavenly Father sent me a good sleeper to keep me from going completely crazy since most days I'm already halfway there anyway. That picture is gorgeous.

jazmine said...

That's so good!!! All of my friends 2nd babies are little angels. Can't wait to meet him!

Summer said...

Yeah! How wonderful! I hope he keeps it up!

Rachael said...

don't question a gift horse in the mouth is all I can say. I'm sure that even with an angelic baby, it is still a handlful!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Send some of that amazing sleep our way!!!