In August Mark and I took a quick trip out to Lemoore to see the base and look for a house. While we were there we got on the waiting list for base housing (4-6 month wait) and took a tour of them to see what they were like. They were pretty nice but I was really disapointed by the size of the backyards. They were just a 10 foot by 10 foot square patch of grass. I guess they do kind of make up for it by having nice parks and community centers in every neighborhood but still. The only other thing that bothered me was that the base seemed like a ghost town. We were there for two days and I didn't see one child playing outside or even adults outside for that matter. It was about 110 degrees the weekend we were there so that might have had something to do with it. These are pictures of the base.
About 5 miles fromt he residential side of the base is the operations side of the base where Mark will be working. That's where they have all the hangers and flight line and that's also where we found this little beauty: the chaplains office. It was a run-down portable building with a make-shift steeple added to the top in an attempt to make it more credible?! I told Mark he should sell snow cones out of it.
4 comments:
My favorite is the "Chaplain Shack" sign! So great!
Hope all is going well with you out there!
Seriously? That Chaplain's "office" or shack rather is pathetically hilarious. I mean, really. They can't afford a small upgrade? The housing looks really nice. And I can imagine people would be inside with 110 degree weather. I know I would!
That's exactly how I pictured the Chaplain Shack in my mind.
Love the shack! How do you like it there so far? Wish you guys were still here!
Post a Comment