Sunday, February 26, 2012

so behind...

Well I guess an update is long overdue so I will just give a quick re-cap.

Mark's residency at St. Mark's Hospital ended at the end of December and he started the process of applying for active duty with the Navy.

It has been a very long and frusterating process and every step of the way there have been delays and hang-ups that have frusterated us to no end. It has made us wonder if this is really an organization we want to be apart of because it is sooo disorganized and inefficient but we still feel like it's where God wants us (not sure why).

I guess that's been the hardest part of all this ... we feel so confident that God wants Mark to serve in the military so then why does it seem like he's left us to struggle on our own throughout this process?...

I was really getting caught up in my frusteration and confused at why God wasn't helping move things along ... but I've started to realize that God's timing is not the same as mine and although I still think he wants us in the Navy I think he wants us to stay in Utah for a while longer (I have a few guesses as to why).

Mark finally got his medical clearance and his application is complete and submited (thank heavens!) but he missed the February boards by a few days (which I am now starting to think was a blessing in disguise).

This means we will have to wait until the next review board which probably won't be for a few months (they don't currently have one scheduled). In the meantime Mark started a part-time job at a hospital up in Salt Lake and we get to live close to both our families and enjoy a slow-paced life for a few more months (no complaints about that).

1 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

What happened to the days where you got a job and got your life started right after school? We've been going through the same struggles. It's been two years since Nick graduated from Law school and he just got a job! The Lord works in mysterious ways, everything we go through is to make us stronger and wiser. I hope the best for your beautiful little family! Your boys are so cute!