Does anyone else hate KSL as much as they love it?...
Exhibit A: I had been looking for something to put all the baby's clothes/stuff in and was excited when I found this beauty on KSL for only $15! I called right away and told them I could come in the morning to pick it up then in the morning when I called for directions they said someone else was already on their way?!!... argh! Then about an hour later they called me back and said that the people that came weren't able to fit it in their car so if I still wanted it I could have it. Yay! It was so hideous Mark wanted to talk me out of getting it but I thought it had potential. Under all the sticky notes it was covered in marker, crayons and stickers but after a good scrub down with a magic eraser (I love those!) and replacing the nasty plastic blue handles I think it turned out pretty good.
I asked them if they had any other kids stuff for sale because they were moving and they said we could go through a huge pile of toys there were going to give to DI and we found a lot of great Christmas presents for Boston that they gave us for free!... including an adorable wooden rocking horse. The cabinet ended up working great for clothes because of the left side it has a hanging rod and more shelves. I love having the babies stuff organized.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I Love/Hate KSL...
Posted by Natasha at 9:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Yes I have the same relationship! I was on my way to pick up a chair from someone and right after he had given me his address he called back to tell me that his wife had already sold it. What's worse is trying to sell stuff on KSL! People are SOOO CHEAP!
I love KSL Classifieds! I found my couches, washer & dryer, fridge and bed on there. I've never had anybody sell something out from under me, but one time I was convinced a dining set was the bees knees. I bought it and brought it home only to realize I'd made a big mistake and the dining set looked more appropriate for my great grandmother's house. I kept if for a while, then I re-listed it on KSL for months before I finally found someone to take it off my hands.
I found a bedroom set on KSL and it served me well for about two years. When I re-listed the set it sold for $50 more than I bought it for!
Wow, I guess I really am a KSL nerd, because just yesterday I bought some Sundance Ski passes from a listing.
Merry Christmas you guys! I love the blog updates!
Jason
Yes it is definitely a love hate relationship. Hope those people change their mind!!
But that dog looks so ashamed to be associated with those people!
A friend at work recommended the KSL classifieds, works great for her, but I share in your frustration. When we were trying to find a rocker for the nursery, we called one person who didn't even know that her husband had put it up for sale - don't get mad at me for answering your ad! Then there's the people who you can't get a hold of because they want you to get in to a bidding war on their answering machine. We were willing to pay a competitive price, but we wanted to see the item before purchase. In the end, we gave up and bought new furniture for the nursery.
Sean and I have found some great deals on craigslist here in sacramento. It is always a bummer though, when the item is sold or they change their minds.
Post a Comment