Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Valentine Surprise!

I wanted to be really creative this year for Valentines and come up with something to do at home while Boston was asleep so this is what I did...

I draped our porch in fabric so that it was closed off from everything and looked really romantic. Then I lit a bunch of candles and grilled some of Mark's favorite foods... spicy black bean burgers and sweet potato fries. It was all waiting for him when he got home.



Then after an amazing dinner he walked inside to this surprise waiting for him...



I bought glow in the dark stars and stuck them all over the ceiling so that when the lights were out we could stare up at the stars. We had a chocolate fondue for desert. It was such a fun night and Mark said it was the best Valentines he's ever had so I guess it was a complete success!! That's good considering it took me about 6 hours to set up for!

8 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Aaron and I thought that was really a cute idea for a Valentines Day celebration! How cool! Wow! 6 Hours! You go girl!
Love Ash and Aaron

jaybs said...

Simply Amazing! Natasha, it makes me see what I have been missing all these years LOL! - it is a Blessing to see the Love between the 3 of YOU!

J xxx

Jene and Megan said...

So cute!! How could you go wrong with all that effort?

Holly said...

What a good wife you are! It sounds (and looks) like it was fun!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

You are a genius. Matt has been pushing me to go camping with him- and I think I just figured out the perfect compromise! Set up a tent in the living room. Seriously, GENIUS. You are such a darling wife- Mark is lucky! We'll be sure to remind him of that often :)

Kaela Cusack said...

you are so creative!!!

Hannah said...

What a creative idea! I'm impressed! Maybe you can become a Valentine's day planner...I can never seem to come up with good ideas!

Unknown said...

Oh my absolutely darling! You go girl! Super duper wifey points for you!