Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Preferences.

Mark is meeting with his navy recruiter today to start the application process for active duty. It will still be a few months until we find out if he'll get approved and we get our first assignment but we'll need to submit our preferences soon. Soooo... where do we want to go?... Our top two choice are currently Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and Okinawa, Japan. We just can't decide what order to put them in. Since we don't know if we'll stay in the navy after our inital 3-year commitment that makes me feel like we should take advantage of living internationaly. But... since joining the military will already be a big culture change and since moving away from our families will be sad for us maybe Hawaii is a better choice. It will probably be more affordable for our friends and family to visit us in Hawaii than Japan and we want everyone to come visit. So we're undecided. What would you do?...
Here are pictures of the base in Hawaii:
They have the cutest base housing!! I got to see it in person 2 years ago while I was on vacation. I'm going to put dibs on this cute little blue house!
Here's the base in Okinawa:
Doesn't it look like paradise?!
kind of boring but still not bad.
So who's coming to visit?...

4 comments:

Lydia said...

The Fishers will totally come visit! I would love to come to Japan but Hawaii sounds more realistic. But your boys will be at a perfect age to live abroad... Choices like this are so hard.

Courtney said...

Wow! How exciting! Both choices are amazing. I would choose to live in Hawaii myself, but man, that beach in Japan looked amazing! Can't wait to hear where you end up! Yay!

Laura said...

I'd go to Okinawa. My grandma is actually from there, and it would be a really cool opportunity. Hawaii would be pretty fun, too, though.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Sounds like you can't go wrong!