Mark was commissioned into the Navy last Sunday as a Chaplain Canidate so we're officialy a military family! He still has a year left at BYU and then he'll go to officer training and then after that he'll have three options 1. Go active duty in the navy 2. stay a reserve officer or 3. walk away from the military altogether. He plans on going active which means we could be living anywhere in the world in a year and a half. We're excited!
I'm so proud of Mark and grateful for all the work he has put into getting to this point. We remember when it used to feel like we would be in school forever and now the end seems almost too near for me. Lt. Morgan has mentored Mark through the whole application process (and let me tell you it is quite the process) and he flew out to commission Mark. It was a wonderful day for our family because afterwords Cameron got blessed! 
Mark and Lt. Morgan
Brother Wailey and his wife (He's a former military chaplain and involved with military relations for the church)
Our wonderfuly supportive family!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
A military family....
Posted by Natasha at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This note is from Ashley: I knew a lot of military folk in my mission at Yorktown, Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. I loved those people because they were so open to the gospel. It seems like this is the perfect road for you both! Good luck and keep us posted on your whereabouts! Kudos to military moms! They are amazing women!
Oh my goodness, congratulations, that is so exciting! How is sweet little Boston? I can't believe how good of a sleeper he is, I am definitely looking for that book! Hope all is well with you guys!
Congratulations Mark - "The Scholar" - what an exciting time ahead for the THREE of You! - as I know wherever you may be Called you will bring Blessings.
Post a Comment